Search Words, Couplet, Verse, Shair In Iqbal Poetry

(Bang-e-Dra-142) Aik Khat Ke Jawab Mein

Aik Khat Ke Jawan Mein
In Response To A Letter

Hawas Bhi Ho To Nahin Mujh Mein Himmat-e-Tag-o-Taaz
Husool-e-Jah Hai Wabasta-e-Mazaq-e-Talash

Even if I have greed I do not have the strength for exertion
Acquiring position is connected with the taste for search

Hazar Shukar, Tabiat Hai Raiza Kaar Meri
Hazar Shukar, Nahin Hai Damagh-e-Fitna-e-Tarash

A thousand thanks to God that my nature is contentment
A thousand thanks to God that my mind is not mischievous

Mere Sukhan Se Dilon Hain Khaitian Sar Sabz
Jahan Mein Hun Main Missal-e-Sihaab Darya Pash

Cultivations of human hearts flourish with my writings
In the world I am creative like the ocean feeding cloud

Ye Uqdah Haye Siasat Tujhe Mubarik Hon
Ke Faiz-e-Ishq Se Nakhan Mera Hai Seena Kharash

Congratulations to you on these secrets of politics
As my finger nail by Love’s grace is breast-excoriating

Hawaye Bazm-e-Salateen Daleel-e-Murda Dili
Kiya Hai Hafiz-e-Rangeen Nawa Ne Raaz Ye Fash

Desire for audience with kings is a sign of lifelessness
This secret has been exposed by Hafiz of elegant poetry

“Garat Hawast Ke Ba-Khizr  Hum Nasheen Bashi
Nihan Za Chashm-e-Sikandar Cho Aab-e-Heewan Bash”

“If you desire that you elevated to Khidar be
Hidden from Sikandar’s eye as immortality’s water be.”

1 comment: