Search Words, Couplet, Verse, Shair In Iqbal Poetry

(Rumuz-e-Bekhudi-06) Mahawara Teer Wa Shamsheer



Conversation of the arrow and the sword
How truthfully the well‐notched arrow spoke
Unto the sword in heat of battletide:
“What magic lustre glitters in thy steel
Like fairy dancers in the Caucasus?
Thou, who canst boast in thy long ancestry
Of Ali’s trusty weapon, Dhul‐Faqar;
Who hast beheld the might of Khalid’s arm,
Sprinkled red sunset on the head of night –
Thine is the fire of God’s omnipotence,
And neath thy shadow Paradise awaits.
Whether I wing in air, or lie encased
Within the quiver, wheresoe’er I be
I am all fire. When from the bow I speed
Towards a human breast, right well I see
Into its depth, and if it do not hold
A heart unflawed, unvisited by thoughts
Of terror or despair, swiftly my point
Plucks it asunder, and I spread it o’er
With surging gore for shift. But if that breast
Serenely throb with a believer’s heart
And glow reflective to an inward light,
My soul is turned to water by its flame,
My shafts fall soft as the innocuous dew.”

1 comment:

  1. you people still post on this website or just left it ?
    if you still use it then kindly add more explanations :) love this website

    ReplyDelete