Search Words, Couplet, Verse, Shair In Iqbal Poetry

(Bang-e-Dra-057) Kahun Kya Arzoo'ay Be Dili Mujh Ko Kahan Tak Hai

Kahun Kya Arzu-e-Be-Dili Mujh Ko Kahan Tak Hai
Mere Bazar Ki Ronaq Hi Soda-e-Zayan Tak Hai

What should I say how much Longing for dejection I have
The elegance of my market is only up to the ardent desire for losing

Woh Mai Kash Hun Farogh-e-Mai Se Khud Gulzar Ban Jaun
Hawaye Gul Faraq-e-Saqi-e-Na-Mehrban Tak Hai

I am the sot who himself becomes garden by the Wine’s Light
Rose’s love is only up to the departure of the unkind cup bearer

Chaman Afroz Hai Sayyad Meri Khush Nawayi Tak
Rhi Bijli Ki Be-Tabi, Sou Mere Ashiyan Tak Hai

Hunter’s enhancement of garden’s beauty is till start of my melodies
As for the thunderbolts’ restlessness, it is up to my nest

Woh Musht-e-Khak Hun, Faiz-e-Preshani Se Sehra Hun
Na Pucho Meri Wusaat Ki, Zameen Se Asman Tak Hai

I am that handful of dust, which is changed to wilderness by distress’ grace
Do not ask me of my span, it is from the earth to the sky

Jaras Hun, Nala Khawabida Hai Mere Har Rag-o-Pe Mein
Ye Khamoshi Meri Waqt-e-Raheel-e-Karwan Tak Hai

I am the bell, complaint is asleep in my whole nature
The silence of mine only is up to the caravan’s departure

Sukoon-e-Dil Se Saman-e-Kashod-e-Kaar Paida Ker
Ke Uqdah Khatir-e-Gardab Ka Aab-e-Rawan Tak Hai

With a tranquil heart create means of attaining your aims
Because the whirlpool’s knot is only up to the water’s flow

Chaman Zaar-e-Mohabat Mein Khamoshi Mout Hai Bulbul!
Yahan Ki Zindagi Pabandi-e-Rasm-e-Faghan Tak Hai

Silence is death in the garden of Love, O nightingale
This life is only up to observance of the wailing’s custom

Jawani Hai To Zauq-e-Deed Bhi, Lutf-e-Tamanna Bhi
Humare Ghar Ki Abadi Qaam-e-Mehman Tak Hai

In youth, there is Sight’s zeal as well as Longing’s pleasure
The happiness of our house is only up to the guest’s presence

Zamane Bhar Men Ruswa Hun Magar Ae Waye Nadani!
Samajhta Hun K E Mera Ishq Mere Raazdan Tak Hai

Disgraced though I am in the whole world but, O ignorance
I understand that my Love is known only to my confidante

No comments:

Post a Comment