Search Words, Couplet, Verse, Shair In Iqbal Poetry

(Bal-e-Jibril-024) Alam-e-Aab-o-Khak-o-Bad ! Sir-e-Ayan Hai Tu Ke Main (عالم و آب و خاک و باد! سر عیاں ہے تو کہ میں) Fabric of earth and wind and wave! Who is the secret, you or I

Alam-e-Aab-o-Khaak-o-Baad ! Sirr-e-Ayaan Hai Tu Ke Main
Woh Jo Nazar Se Hai Nahan, Uss Ka Jahan Hai Tu Ke Main

Fabric of earth and wind and wave! Who is the secret, you or I,
Brought into light? Or who the dark world of what hides yet, you or I?

Woh Shab-e-Dard-o-Souz-o-Gham, Kehte Hain Zindagi Jise
Uss Ki Sahar Hai Tu Ke Main, Uss Ki Azaan Hai Tu Ke Main

Here in this night of grief and pain, trouble and toil, that men call life,
Who is the dawn, or who dawn’s prayer cried from the minaret, you or I?

Kis Ki Namood Ke Liye Shaam-o-Sahar Hain Garam-e-Sair
Shana’ay Rozgar Par Bar-e-Garan Hai Tu Ke Main

Who is the load that Time and Space bear on their shoulder? Who the prize
Run for with fiery feet by swift daybreak and sunset, you or I?

Tu Kaf-e-Khaak-o-Bebasar, Main Kaf-e-Khaak-o-Khud Nigar
Kisht-e-Wujood Ke Liye Aab-e-Rawan Hai Tu Ke Main

You are a pinch of dust and blind, I am a pinch of dust that feels;
Through the dry land, Existence, who flows like a stream-let, you or I?

No comments:

Post a Comment