- Out of Hijaz and the lonely plain, The Guide of the Time is come
Back from the far, far vale again, The Caravan hastens home.
- Lo, on the brow of the slaves I see, The Sultan’s splendour bright,
The dust of Ayaz shines radiantly with Mahmud’s torch alight.
- In Ka‘bah and Temple long, long years the deep lament arose,
Till from Love’s banquet now appears One Man who the Secret knows.
- The sighs that out of the bosom break of a people at earnest prayer
A brave and new foundation make in Life’s mind everywhere.
- O take the trembling lute from me, for my hand can play no more;
In streams of blood my melody from the heart of the harp doth pour.
(Zabur-e-Ajam-73) Part 2-12: Khizr-e-Waqt Az Khalwat Dasht-e-Hijaz Ayad Barun (خضر وقت از خلوت دشت حجاز آید برون) Out of Hijaz and the lonely plain, The Guide of the Time is come
Labels: Zabur-e-Ajam (زبورعجم)