Search Words, Couplet, Verse, Shair In Iqbal Poetry

(Zarb-e-Kaleem-186) Mehrab Gul Afghan Ke Afkar - Mere Kohistan ! Tujhe Chor Ke Jaun Kahan ( میرے کوہستان تجھے چھوڑ کے جاؤں کہاں) My hills and dales! Where can I go, leaving everything behind?

Mehrab-e-Gul Afghan Ke Afkar

Reflections Of Mihrab Gul Afghan

(1)

Mere Kuhistan! Tujhe Chor Ke Jaun Kahan
Teri Chitanon Mein Hai Mere Ab-o-Jad Ki Khak

My hills and dales! Where can I go, leaving everything behind?
The dust and bones of my ancestors lie scattered here and everywhere.

Roz-e-Azal Se Hai Tu Manzil-e-Shaheen-o-Charkh
Lala-o-Gul Se Tehi, Naghma-e-Bulbul Se Pak

You had been the rendezvous of hawks and falcons since eternity,
Unaware of the rose and tulip, and songs of nightingale.

Tere Kham-o-Paich Mein Meri Behisht-e-Bareen
Khak Teri Ambreen, Aab Tera Taabnaak

My paradise lies in serpentine roads:
Your soil smells like amber and water shines like crystal.

Baaz Na Ho Ga Kabhi Banda-e-Kubak-o-Hamam
Hifz-e-Badan Ke Liye Rooh Ko Kar Doon Halaak!

One accustomed to pigeons and doves can hardly be like a hawk.
For the sake of body, how can I kill my soul?

Ae Mere Faqr-e-Ghayyur! Faisal Tera Hai Kya
Khilat-e-Angraiz Ya Pairhan-e-Chaak Chaak!

O My Zealous Faqr! Which would you prefer:
Englishman’s robes or tattered clothes?

No comments:

Post a Comment